Lost Ark is a AAA free-to-play, massively multiplayer online action role-playing game that is only currently available in Korea, Japan, and Russia, where it boasts millions of active players.
The game features 15 distinct hero classes that offer deep combat with unique combinations of adaptable skill sets utilizing the Tripod Skill system. Players forge their own legend, whether alone or with allies, as they battle through dangerous dungeons, sail by ship and even create their own island home.
Amazon Games collaborated with Smilegate RPG to provide players in North America and Europe with the best experience possible by localizing and translating the colossal world of Lost Ark into written and spoken dialogue in English, French, German, and Spanish.
Amazon Games revealed Lost Ark’s September update – “The Machinist Advanced Class” – will launch on September 28!
The update will introduce the fifth Gunner Advanced Class in Lost Ark Academy, guiding players through futuristic weaponry and providing lasers, machine guns, drones, and abilities powered by unique energy cores.
Heroes of Arkesia,
On September 28, the Machinist Advanced Class will arrive in Arkesia. The Machinist is armed to the teeth with highest-tech machine guns, laser weapons, and drones found in Arthentine— ready to blast, burn, and neutralize any threat with surgical precision.
The Machinist will join the Deadeye, Gunslinger, Artillerist, and Sharpshooter as the fifth Gunner Advanced Class. In this Lost Ark Academy, you’ll find information to see if the Machinist is the class for you— and if so, help you start planning the skills and engravings you’re interested in using to enhance your impact on the battlefield.
KEY MECHANICS & CLASS IDENTITY
The Machinist comes armed with an arsenal of high-tech weapons and a Drone capable of remote, precise strikes and unique attacks. When standard weapons and drone strikes aren’t enough to take down a target, the Machinist can activate their identity skill and suit up in cutting-edge technology with the Hypersync ability. Energy cores for the high-tech Hypersync suit can be charged by landing attacks, and once entered, Hypersync core energy will be expended by abilities until the Machinist runs out.
The Machinist’s skills are split into four categories; Normal, Drone, Combo, and Sync. Normal skills are centered around the high-tech arsenal of guns, grenades, packed by the Machinist, which all charge the Hypersync Battery. Drone skills are focused on utilizing the Drone in unique ways— firing missiles, lasers, and even baby Drones out in precise, remote strikes. Joint skills are focused on the Machinist and Drone working together in harmony to unleash powerful joint attacks. Lastly, Sync skills are the uniquely powerful attacks unleashed by the high-tech suit that can only be accessed while Hypersync is active.
CLASS ENGRAVINGS & SKILLS
Like other Advanced Classes, the Machinist has two unique Class Engravings that enhance different aspects of the class. The Evolutionary Legacy Class Engraving is focused on the Hypersync Mode, adding damage, reducing cooldowns, and granting Core Energy back to maximize time spent in the high-tech suit. Enhancing another key aspect of the class, the Arthentinean Skill Class Engraving is centered around the Machinist’s teamwork with the Drone, by increasing Drone and Joint skills and movement speed while the Drone is attached to the Machinist.
- Level 1 – During Hypersync Mode, on hit, Sync skills inflict Damage +2% (Max 3 stacks) and Cooldown -0.5s. Also, Hypersync Mode returns 40% of its Core Energy cost when canceled.
- Level 2 – During Hypersync Mode, on hit, Sync skills inflict Damage +4% (Max 3 stacks) and Cooldown -0.5s. Also, Hypersync Mode returns 40% of its Core Energy cost when canceled.
- Level 3 – During Hypersync Mode, on hit, Sync skills inflict Damage +6% (Max 3 stacks) and Cooldown -0.5s. Also, Hypersync Mode returns 40% of its Core Energy cost when canceled.
- Level 1 – Increases damage of Drone and Joint skills by 15%, and increases Battery Max by 10%. Increase Move Speed by 10% when a Drone is attached to the Machinist.
- Level 2 – Increases damage of Drone and Joint skills by 20%, and increases Battery Max by 15%. Increase Move Speed by 10% when a Drone is attached to the Machinist.
- Level 3 – Increases damage of Drone and Joint skills by 25%, and increases Battery Max by 20%. Increase Move Speed by 10% when a Drone is attached to the Machinist.
Find a full list of the Machinist’s skill descriptions below, followed by the Awakening skills. If you’re interested in seeing some of these showcased in video, checkout our Machinist Class Page! And remember, these are just the base skills – each can be customized further through the Tripod system as you experiment to find what works best against the myriad of threats found throughout Arkesia.
- Bullet Hail – Aim forward and fire multiple times to inflict damage and partially recharge the battery. Using the skill also obtains the Reload buff.
- Overcharged Battery – Toss an overcharged battery to the target location. The battery will ignite and inflict Damage. It will then explode and inflict Damage, knock the target into the air, and partially recharge the battery.
- Mobile Shot – Use Roll to quickly move toward the target location. Use Roll again to shoot repeatedly at the target location, inflicting Damage and partially recharging the battery. Obtain the Reload buff upon using Roll.
- Strategic Fire – Use the skill to enter a sitting shooting position. Aim forward and fire repeatedly, inflicting Damage and partially recharging the battery. Use the skill to obtain the Reload buff.
- Backflip Strike – Dash forward and draw your gun to inflict Damage. Use the skill again to stomp your feet and inflict Damage. Attach a powerful bomb on a foe, then do a somersault to move away. The bomb explodes after several seconds and inflicts Damage to foes around it, partially recharging the battery. Deal a dash or roll attack to enable a frontal attack and counterattack.
- High Voltage Bullet – Quickly use an electric stun gun to shoot forward and inflict Damage, electrocuting hit foes and partially recharging the battery.
- Pulse Fire – Fire a pulse bullet forward and inflict Damage to the hit foe and partially recharge the battery.
- Avalanche – Rush forward and inflict Damage. Press an additional combo to fire in a cone-shaped area and inflict Damage. The Kill Confirmation inflicts Damage and partially recharges the battery. Can Counterattack with dash attack. Obtain the Reload buff upon charging.
- Command: Flare Beam – The drone fires laser beams at the target location, inflicting Damage.
- Command: Active Pulse – The drone immediately generates a pulsating wave that attacks its surroundings from the current position and inflicts Damage.
- Command: M143 Machine Gun – The drone flies toward the target location while firing at foes and inflicting Damage.
- Command: Baby Drones – The drone sends small self-destructing drones to the target location, inflicting Damage.
- Command: Carpet – Send a drone flying toward the target location and drop bombs that inflict Damage.
- Command: Raid Missile – The drone fires missiles at the target location and inflicts Damage, knocking down hit foes.
- Command: Blockade – Send a drone flying toward the target location. The drone fires at foes as it spins around, inflicting Damage.
- Annihilation Mode – Instantly summon a drone and stand back-to-back as you fire at foes while turning 450 degrees in total. Each time you turn 90 degrees, you’ll fire and inflict Damage.
- Fiery Escape – Instantly summon a drone and ride it forward while firing at foes and inflicting Damage.
- Energy Buster – Instantly summon a drone and turn it into a buster. Attach it to your arm and once charged, release the energy forward. When the buster is not fully charged, inflict Damage and paralyze the hit foe. When overcharged, inflict Damage and knock back foes.
- Comet Strike – Teleport to the target location and rush forward, inflicting Damage to hit foes and knocking them back.
- Slugshot – Raise your right hand and fire a laser forward to inflict Damage. Airborne foes are launched back in the air when hit. Use after Comet Strike or Thruster Move to use the skill faster.
- Laser Blade – Generate laser blades in both hands that inflict Damage, knocking foes away. Use after Comet Strike or Thruster Move to inflict increased Damage.
- Echelon Beam – Jump up high and shoot a laser forward to inflict Damage. Use after Comet Strike or Thruster Move to perform the skill even faster.
- Surge Blow – Stretch out your fists as you charge forward and inflict Damage, then inflict Damage in a cone-shaped area and knock back foes.
- Crimson Breaker – Develop parts to shoot a laser forward and inflict Damage.
- Air Strike – Send a signal to the target location to drop a bomb that inflicts Damage over a number of times.
- Command: Final Explosion – Order the drone to self-destruct. The drone will immediately self-destruct at the current position, inflicting massive Damage to nearby foes. After the skill is complete, the drone will be regenerated at your location.
For those eager to create a Machinist, we’re looking into some special progression events to help players level up and face the Demon Legion Commanders and other Tier 3 end-game threats. We’ll have more specifics leading up to the launch of the September Update in next week’s release notes!
Lost Ark is available for PC (Steam).
More articles about Lost Ark